There is no “advantage” for “me” in believing that my enemies come back Home to Heaven One Day. This was one reason why I was not happy with the Truth when presented with it many years ago too.
I had all the same “difficulties” which one faces when first introduced to Truth: “not fair”, “they can enjoy all the women, alcohol & all that and still return Home one day”, “I live holy & serve and all that for what?”… Etc.
I still face these difficulties at times but I realized that my “objections” (such as the ones above) had no “Biblical basis” meaning that there’s no verse or cry of the prophet against God “Saving from Hell”.
I also realized that these were my “fleshy desires” which war against the “spirit”. But a question of Christ did put me back to my place & put to rest my “objections”:
“is it not lawful to Me to do what I will in Mine own? is thine eye evil because I (Jesus) am good?” – literally in (Matthew 20:15).
I found myself unable to answer Christ if He did “something better” (e.g. Showed more Mercy & Saved others too) whilst I found it “unfair” (selfish & jealous since those people ‘enjoyed all the pleasures of sin’ & are given the same as me!).
I eventually noted a ‘key point’:
All my “objections” lacked “Love” while Christ’s words in (Matthew 20:15) had “Love”.
That’s the “logic & reason” of God = Love!
In fact that alone proves the One and Only “Unconditional Love” in the Whole World, found in Christ Jesus our Blessed Lord alone!
Paul’s advice to Timothy
“3For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.” (2 Timothy 4:3 -4)
1. “Eternal hell” is the “myth” of all time which people “want to hear” because it psychologically “suits one’s desire” to “see oneself saved” & “see his enemies burn”.
2. If one truly loves His enemies as Christ commanded, then one has to start by “believing” God is such first for if not, it’s just empty grasps of air preaching death. To love one’s enemy truly is to belief the best “ending” for them, which is believing that they too will come back Home to heaven One Day.
3. Paul (who wrote this letter to Timothy) never mentioned “eternal hell” once in his writings (proving it to be a ‘pagan myth’) but Paul did do the opposite: namely, tell which is the “not myth” doctrine or saying (God saves all men):
“God is the Saviour of all men; especially of those who believe.” (1 Timothy 4:10)
4. Another identification key (literally):
Note that there will be “great number of teachers” on the “myth side”. It’s obvious that the no. of “eternal hell” teachers fit this “biblical prophecy’s criteria” (literally).
By the way, the Bible cannot be contradicted nor does it lie (literally). Therefore, this means that there will “never be” a time in the future where suddenly there are “plenty of Universalist Christian” teachers.
Hence, don’t be deceived! (literally)
Grace versus Faith
Grace of God is what saves all men (Titus 2:11) but faith is what is required for believers to be saved in this temporal life itself (Ephesians 2:8).
1. That is why salvation is the “FREE GIFT” of God for “all men” and not of ourselves that we may not boast.
2. It’s like “faith” marks out the “subset of saved men in this life” while “Grace” identifies the “Universal Set of all men who are saved eventually in the age to come”.
All good deeds are determined by its intent; the first being those done for the ‘hope of a reward’ whilst the second carried out for the sake of ‘Love’.
The more for ‘Love’ these ‘same’ deeds are performed, the chances are your deeds may be the silver & gold type over the wood & hay works when it’s tested on that Day by Fire.
As it is written (this test is for ‘all men’ = ‘any man’ = ‘every man’):
“Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;Every man’s work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is. If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.” (1 Corinthians 3:12 – 15)
1. The “Foundation” here is “Christ” since He has given you the “ability” and “freewill choice” to “build” your works whether “in Him” or “without Him”.
2. The “reward” here can be the “reasons” such as “a big crown”, “so that I’ll be blessed”, “so that I can enter heaven” to “so that I don’t get punished in hell”.
(An answer to the question, “how much have we really repented?”)
A man’s repentance is not measured by the amount of good deeds which he has done but rather by the amount of bad deeds which he has forgone & never repeated.
Hate versus Love
Hate will try to condemn/kill/murder/ignore/hurt for “eternity”.
Love will “wait” a “long time” (even) for “your will” (freewill) to change and return to the fold.
But when your will changes, Love comes running to you, embracing you back Home!
The change is required since one has to deal with oneself and get rid of all “Hate” which nullifies a person from entering heaven.
There are no true believers who harbor hatred within.
You’re not forgiven due to your “hate” because:
“If you do not forgive the sins of any, neither will your Heavenly Father forgive yours.” – Lord Jesus Christ
In the end, Love wins when He Saves you from “your place in hell” itself.
The Good News in Christ is, “Hate will fail!”
I finally understood “why” Christ told (literally):
“But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.” (Matthew 7:14)