‘The world’s richest 1% will have more wealth than the other 99% by 2016’ – (source: Oxfam, 19th January 2015)
It Will be destroyed for its ‘evil’ (including unfairness) to make way for the ‘new Heavens & a new earth’ where “righteousness” dwells as it is written:
“But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in all holy conduct and godliness,
Looking for and hastening unto the coming of the day of God, in which the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, in which dwells righteousness.” (2 Peter 3:10 – 13)
Who will ‘not’ be harmed by this ‘fire”?
Only those who are His.
‘the richest 1% already have about the same as the other 99% combined’ (around 48% by statistics in 2014, the ‘evil’ of ‘financial prosperity’ revealed).
If you’re gonna ‘cry out’ that the ‘others’ didn’t work hard or don’t deserve it, similarly, you didn’t work hard nor deserve His Kingdom because to get in, a necessary condition is to “obey Him” (not ‘Mammon or Money’).
So, we need to ask ourselves:
“How hard have we worked at obeying Him in accordance to His Will as revealed in His Written Word, first?”
“No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money*.” – Lord Jesus Christ (Matthew 6:24)
*Money (Mammon = ‘riches’ or ‘wealth’ in Aramaic and in New Testament times, there existed a Syriac god of money with that name —> which may be equivalent to ‘money as your god’ in meaning).