True missionaries are not allowed to take “money” for their work but may stay & receive “food” only as the wages of their work.
Note that in the verse below it says that only those who “obey” this rule (being better than sacrifice) are “sent” to “preach” about the “Kingdom of God”.
Here are the verses which declare this ‘literally’:
“and he sent them out to proclaim the kingdom of God and to heal the sick. He told them: “Take nothing for the journey—no staff, no bag, no bread, NO MONEY, no extra shirt” (Luke 9:2 – 3)
Read the verse below and note that the “wages” for the ‘worker’ (missionary) is literally spelled out by our Blessed Lord as “food & water only” (eating & drinking); yes, no money collection or love offerings are allowed under the ‘wages’ excuse. I repeat, the “wages” allowed as a missionary/evangelist is only “food & water” as said by God Himself for “His Work!”
“Stay there, eating and drinking whatever they give you, for the worker deserves his wages. Do not move around from house to house.” (Luke 10:7)
Break His Rule, and it’s a clear evidence you are not called by Him (literally). Remember, He doesn’t need you nor I to ‘Save the World’.
God succeeds regardless!
Does that mean I cannot earn money?
No! Read the verse and the above carefully.
You may “make money” in the “world” or with “worldly things”.
You only CANNOT make money with “God’s Things”; for example, “His Ministry”.
I say again,
With all these ‘evidence’, yet they will hold on to lies & twist the word (by interpreting non-literally, idiomatically) to their own destruction; as they also do the rest of Scripture (as apostle Peter said too in 2 Peter 3:16)
Remember, if it were no big deal, Christ wouldn’t have opened His Mouth and told “no money” this explicitly. It’s like a clue as to who is the true missionary/evangelist that will follow all these rules.
The “times have changed” excuse does not work because:
1. Back then when this rule was uttered by our Lord, people dealt with money and not barter trading.
2. God’s Rules for Ministry doesn’t change. If He meant for “those missionaries/evangelists”, He meant it for all; for there is no partiality with God.
3. Please don’t give me some “sad excuse” of “missionaries who have given their life up for Christ” (that’s sacrifice without obedience). These same “missionaries” gave up their life to prove that “God can’t save from an eternal hell”.
4. They wouldn’t consider the true missionaries such as Origen in ancient Christianity to Sadhu Sundar Singh (both Christian universalists) who also got “tortured & were martyred” for the Gospel where “God Saves All!”. Yes, these same “missionaries” (mentioned in 3 above) would ‘feel’ no remorse for such great martyrs of faith and even ‘call them as heretics’.
5. In modern eternal hell churches, you have to pay big sums of money to buy their books & CDs just to learn that God can’t save from eternal hell. Now you know why they’re not given Truth. As Christ said, “you either serve God or money (mammon)” – in (Matthew 6:24), literally .