Love – Greatest
Let’s begin with a warning:
Trap of “deceitful” women. Who gets trapped by her?
(I was trapped once)
“I find more bitter than death
the woman who is a snare,
whose heart is a trap
and whose hands are chains.
The man who pleases God will escape her,
but the sinner she will ensnare.”
Truth about all of us:
“Indeed, there is no one on earth who is righteous,
no one who does what is right and never sins.” (Ecclesiastes 7:20)
It doesn’t end there…
Here’s a deeper Truth:
1. Regarding “man”:
“while I was still searching
but not finding—
I found one upright man among a thousand,”
(Ecclesiastes 7:28 – first part)
2. Regarding “woman”:
“… but not one upright woman among them all.” (Ecclesiastes 7:28 – second part, literally too).
(i) upright does not mean sinless (literally).
(ii) upright is more akin to meaning “truthful”.
Solomon & David, literally.
The dream of many men (like me) is to be like king Solomon. Why? Lust…
If the author of Ecclesiastes is Solomon (99.99% chance, Ecclesiastes 1:1 – the 0.01% exists because his “name” is not mentioned, literally), then he sure knew many women as well as having had 700 wives & 300 concubines (1 Kings 11:3).
Solomon did “not” dup the chicks to marry or be his concubine. I’m sure they all “knew” he was married with other wives & had other concubines but were “willing” to be attached to him for “his splendor” (being the son of King David, being gifted by God with Wisdom & Knowledge and of course, being about the “richest” king Israel ever had – literally).
In short, he was a “babe magnet”.
But it doesn’t end there…
The “splendor in God” of Israel’s greatest king is “different”. Who? King David himself.
Why? Solomon’s heart was turned away from God (1 Kings 11:3) by his “wives”.
Any heart which is “turned away” from God will never be able to experience “True Love”, but only “lust” since “God is Love”.
The “true” comments on “love” is “best” (literally) by the very man whom God declared to have a “heart” after “His Own Heart” since “love” is only understood best by the “heart” (literally):
“After removing Saul, he made David their king. God testified concerning him: ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do.‘.” (Acts 13:22)
King David also found “love” higher (deeper, greater, above) the love of a woman in his best friend, Jonathan:
“I am in distress for thee, my brother Jonathan, Very pleasant wast thou to me; Wonderful was thy love to me, Above the love of women!” (2 Samuel 1:26)
King David also found that “God’s Love” is greater than those of his “parents” (note that his parents weren’t abusers):
“Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will receive me.” (Psalm 27:10)
Finally, but not least, King David found that the “Greatest Love” is of God alone (literally):
“For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so Great is His Love for those who fear Him;” (Psalms 103:11)
“Because Your Love is better than life, my lips will glorify You.” (Psalms 63:3)
With regards to “Love”, David was much “wiser” (in practice) than Solomon.
Now you know why it’s written regarding “God’s Love” alone (The Truth):
“…But the greatest of these is Love.” (1 Corinthians 13:13)