Hard sayings are a test of “obedience”.
The Hard saying:
Please allow me to quote Scripture reading of the day since today is Sunday:
“Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says.” (1 Corinthians 14:34)
“obedience is better than sacrifice!”
(1 Samuel 15:22)
The “take on it”:
For me, “literally”.
God has reasons why He set the “order” of the church as such. Amongst these:
1. Such “hard sayings” mainly test obedience. Men & women who find such verses as “male chauvinistic” in nature “miss” the point.
2. Man & woman each have their role. A woman who can’t “submit” to the teachings of such verses or men who manipulate it to “please women” are certainly not “pleasing God”.
3. I find it a good “test” to check which women are “submissive” or not to God. When presented with this verse, if she “reacts” against it, then I know that she’s in-submissive to His Word (literally).
4. Break such a rule for the order of the meeting of the church, and most likely Christ is not around (unless He exercises Great Mercy towards disobedience).
5. Women may thus speak “after” or “outside” the Church. The Holy Spirit of God does not cause confusion in modern times by suddenly deciding to whisper into some modern females to “break His Own Rule”. Thus it literally shows who is really led by the Spirit & those who’re not.
6. There’s no context issue here (a man made excuse to please women). Why? Their infamous “apologizing” which states that this rule is only for the “Corinthian” church & not others is as silly as equivalently interpreting, “So, the entire letter of 1 Corinthians say chapter 12 which describes the “gifts of the Holy Spirit” is thus only applicable to the Corinthian church?”. The absurdity is obvious. We cannot pick & choose “interpretations” to suit our audience by the “context” excuse.
7. God is a Genius, literally. Such “hard sayings” are there which will “prove” those cunning so called men of god who will be guilty of “twisting” the Scripture to their own destruction. The act of “twisting” centers around taking the Scripture out of its “literal One meaning” by using the “context” excuse for example.
8. Lastly, here’s another “test of obedience” verse:
“I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man (and husband too – the Greek here is “andros” or “man”, literally); she must be quiet.” (1 Timothy 2:12)
9. Here’s another set of verses proving the “submissive” criteria for the “real” women of God (insubmissiveness is the first sign a believing woman is not led by Christ having grown a ‘wanton against Him’):
“For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to adorn themselves. They submitted themselves to their own husbands,” (1 Peter 3:5)
Sarah is commended for her “submissiveness” to Abraham to the point she called him “lord”. Only then true women of God are “humble” (obeying the Rules of God) and are “the daughters of Sarah”, taken “literally” as the verse below shows:
“like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her lord. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear.” (1 Peter 3:6)
All the above are a good “pre-marriage check” for guys to determine whether the woman one is going to marry is a true “woman of God” or not.